Home For Life - Review about Animal Shelter from Minneapolis, Minnesota
In 2008 my dear kitten, peaches, of 7 months was shot (most likely by a neighbor) while we were at church one Sunday afternoon in November .She and her brother were outdoor cats since we lived in an old farm house with land and woods.
She lived but her spine was severed as the bullet went right through, and as a result she became paraplegic.
I was in middle school at the time and my siblings were busy with school, my dad was self employed and his only employee with his own business, and my mom a flight attendant. We cared for my cat 100% with 24/7 care for 7 months . She would have accidents everywhere no matter how many times we expressed her bladder and bowels.
We kept her in a baby crib with blankets instead of a kennel so that her brother could lay with her. Me being so young and trying to do school and no one else being home, we were completely against putting her down, but wanted to see if someone else could take her on due to my mom and sister missions trip in tijuana Mexico that summer . Our vet contacted home for life, and at first they were very nice and wrote a good story on peaches. However, I've checked up on her every year and her name disappeared from their site around two years ago I believe, I thought she either got adopted or died.
However I found a post from 2010. It was nice at first then made my family sound like we threatened them that we would put her down unless they took her and completely used that story to slander families that force their animals on HFL. I'm very disappointed in this as I thought she was a wonderful sweet cat and yes, difficult for a middle schooler to take care of 24/7 but a piece of cake for an animal sanctuary. I would still love to know her status and if she is alive but I don't know who to contact.
I just wish people writing the stories of the animals would know the stories before using them to bash families even when they didn't act this way. If you look up peaches at home for life, to can find her story and see how terribly rude it was after the first paragraph.
I still have her brother, Mario, and he is healthy and strong.Pictured below
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Product or service
- Animal Shelter
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "I fell for this scam as well. I should have done more research cause this wasn't the first that I fell for. But I'm done. The only place I will..."
- "On September 13th 2011, I bought an AKC registered female from Ms. Morningstar for $2500 on co-ownership with the promise Ms. Morningstar to sign off with full payment or puppy..."
- "Above is a photo of Don Lee, the manager who assaulted me at the PetSmart store in Whitby, Ontario. I've learned that he has now been transferred to the PetSmart..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "We recently booked, and got confirmation back from AirBnB about a place we were planning to stay in Dunedin, Florida. The $1,606 in fees were immediately charged to our debit..."
- "I went to the media with what happened to my car... Chrysler customer care does NOT care about you or your car.. This car is nothing but problems! I live in Hinckley, Minnesota..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."