Home For Life - Review about Animal Shelter from Minneapolis, Minnesota
In 2008 my dear kitten, peaches, of 7 months was shot (most likely by a neighbor) while we were at church one Sunday afternoon in November .She and her brother were outdoor cats since we lived in an old farm house with land and woods.
She lived but her spine was severed as the bullet went right through, and as a result she became paraplegic.
I was in middle school at the time and my siblings were busy with school, my dad was self employed and his only employee with his own business, and my mom a flight attendant. We cared for my cat 100% with 24/7 care for 7 months . She would have accidents everywhere no matter how many times we expressed her bladder and bowels.
We kept her in a baby crib with blankets instead of a kennel so that her brother could lay with her. Me being so young and trying to do school and no one else being home, we were completely against putting her down, but wanted to see if someone else could take her on due to my mom and sister missions trip in tijuana Mexico that summer . Our vet contacted home for life, and at first they were very nice and wrote a good story on peaches. However, I've checked up on her every year and her name disappeared from their site around two years ago I believe, I thought she either got adopted or died.
However I found a post from 2010. It was nice at first then made my family sound like we threatened them that we would put her down unless they took her and completely used that story to slander families that force their animals on HFL. I'm very disappointed in this as I thought she was a wonderful sweet cat and yes, difficult for a middle schooler to take care of 24/7 but a piece of cake for an animal sanctuary. I would still love to know her status and if she is alive but I don't know who to contact.
I just wish people writing the stories of the animals would know the stories before using them to bash families even when they didn't act this way. If you look up peaches at home for life, to can find her story and see how terribly rude it was after the first paragraph.
I still have her brother, Mario, and he is healthy and strong.Pictured below
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Product or service
- Animal Shelter
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "My wife who has cancer Was on puppy find,found this puppy for 1200 with shipping 1400 seller called from (503-401-1117) I asked for photos and after tell me it was..."
- "I dropped my 8-yr-old 6-lb Maltese to get groomed. I am new to the area and this was our first time using the PetSmart groomers. I had a..."
- "Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I..."
- "I ordered the cover they suggested for my boat and it was the wrong size but being winter and the boat was in storage ,I waited till it started to..."
- "I ordered 2 boquets to be delivered, one to my mom the next day after i ordered it, the other same day. the same day one didnt show up so..."
- "Ordered two hoodies. Received one yesterday. Does not look anything like the picture. Lol. I am irritated and highly amused all at the same time. Wtf?! I should have known..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."